Thursday, January 6, 2011

Year of the Tablet

Many people think that 2010 was the "year of the tablet." That makes perfect sense. I mean the iPad came out, then the Dell Streak and the Samsung Galaxy Tab, so its only natural to assume that it would be the year of the tablet. But it isn't. I can say this with confidence. Companies like Microsoft (with it's infamous Courier that was canceled and that I eagerly waited for), HP with it's supposed "Palm Pad" running Palm's Web OS, a Tablet made by RIM running it's Blackberry OS, and lastly, a tablet made by Google have yet to release actual products which we can all consider tablets.

These companies need to find a way to release these products this year that can compete with Apple's iPad. We all know that in April the iPad 2 or whatever you want to call it will be released with some amazing features. Theses other companies need to realize this and compete.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Apple. My theory is that if everyone in the world owned an apple product, there would be no war, hunger, or poverty. The reason I want to see these other companies come out with great products is so that Apple has someone to compete with. I always say that "competition spurs innovation." Because of this, I want to see innovative products. Yes, 99.99% of the products will probably have Android on them like the Galaxy Tab and the Streak, but the .01% that don't are going to shine. They will be from the big companies like Microsoft, HP, and RIM. These will be the companies to put out amazing products along with Apple and help us shift our thoughts and ideas from Laptops and netbooks, to tablets.

As it says in the title, this will be the "YEAR OF THE TABLET."

No comments:

Post a Comment